Tuesday, January 29, 2008

L'eggo My Eggo!

Drew waiting for me to serve breakfast.
BIG bite of an Eggo waffle.



While leisurely roaming down the frozen food aisle on our daily visit to Harris Teeter, I decided to get waffles. We make waffles sometimes but it's been a long time since we've had a good 'ole toaster waffle. I got Organic Omega-3 Whole Grain Waffles with Flax for me (luckily they aren't quite as nasty as they sound) and yummy buttermilk Eggo's for Drew. While eating our breakfast this morning I think Drew saw me eyeing his Eggo so he grabbed the whole thing before I could finish cutting it up. As you can see in the top picture, Drew likes to relax and get comfy while I make his meals. He looks at me like "Hey Mom, could you hussle a bit in the kitchen? I'm wasting away over here!" And he rests his foot like it's some kind of coffee table. I'm not sure how I'll teach him no elbows on the table when I can't even get his big feet off the table!


The most annoying thing happened today! Our dryer broke! The darn thing is only two years old. I remember that because we had to get a new one after Katrina ruined our other one. I will also mention that the dryer ruined by Katrina was only 6 months old. We're sick of buying dryers! We'll have to make a complaint to Frigidaire because sparks were flying out of it and the back looks burnt. The warranty expired recently so I'm sure they'll tell us to take a hike but I want them to know we're lucky the house didn't catch on fire. George will have to hit Home Depot right away because we do way too much laundry in this house to go without a dryer.


We're taking Drew to his first professional sporting event tonight! The NY Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes hockey game :) I love the excitment (and violence) of hockey so we're really looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.