Saturday, January 12, 2008

Drew update


Drew drinks from a big cup!

Drew watches the Dueling Banjos his Day Day, my Daddy, got for him. He was laughing really hard but then looked at me and wondered why I was ruining his moment by taking pictures.

It's been a few days since I've posted. I feel like I've been busy but I don't have a lot of news so not sure what we've been up to! Guess time just flys between laundry, feeding Drew, playing, cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc. Drew and I went to The Little Gym on Thursday and he had a blast! It's a class with lots of activities that the Mom's (and one Dad) participate in with their child. We just went to check it out but decided to join for the Spring because Drew loved it so much. I was so proud of him the whole time! He interrupted "class" about 15 times to give the teacher a hug. He's so affectionate and sweet! I got a kick out of watching all of the kids and seeing the different personalities. There was the token cute girl, bully (walked up out of nowhere and pushed Drew; I had to break ugly!), attention hog (with equally obnoxious Mom), Class of 2024 Most Intellectual, you get the point. Drew was the sweet, smart, happy, cute one if you ask me!

Drew has started doing all kinds of new things lately. He's really growing up and learning a lot. A few of my favorites...

- Claps when he or anyone else does something he likes. Grammy CC taught him this!
- Turns off light switches. CC taught him this one too!
- Eats everthing we're eating (including enchiladas, fritos and cheetos). I know, I know, I shouldn't feed him junk food but he gets upset if he can't have what we're eating and I don't like to upset him. Nor do I like to put away the cheetos just because I don't want him to have any.
- Sits in laps on his own. Picture this - he walks backwards toward a lap and then slowly sits down while looking at the person and smiling as if to say "here I come, are you ready for me?" It's adorable!
- Starts undressing when he sees his bath water running.
- Drinks out of a regular cup. See picture! Unfortunely, as soon as I took this picture he leaned his head waaaaay back and water went everywhere. George and I got a big laugh after Drew finally caught his breath and quite gagging.
- Runs. I didn't even know he could do it until Meg at The Little Gym said to run in a circle and he took off.
- Picks up the phone and starts "talking." His talking sounds like "glop glop glop glop clop clop clop glop no oh no oh no oh no glop glop glop clop clop eeeeeehhhhhhhh!!!!!"
- He says "uh oh" when anything falls or when he purposely drops things.
- He almost holds one finger up when asked "Drew, how old are you?" He would probably have it down by now if we wouldn't have mixed things up by asking "Drew, who's #1?" and shouting "LSU!!!" since Tuesday.

I'm sure I'm missing some things. There is so much new stuff and I can hardly keep up. I am thrilled to watch these things first hand. Every minute with him is tons of fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here.